Cafe coffee day franchise overview
It is the industry of fast-food items and beverages that has been making huge demand and progress in the market since the recent years. With such a boost and advancement, there have been many new businesses and ventures that have stood out in this industry and have reported great success within a short span. When we talk about beverage, two names always stand out, tea and coffee. India is known for producing the finest coffee in the world due to the monsoon climatic conditions and many brands have taken it in their business motto to serve it in the finest way. One such brand that stands out in this industry is Café Coffee Day.
When someone mentions the word ‘coffee’, the first brand that comes to the minds of many is Café Coffee Day or more commonly called as CCD. Cafe coffee day or CCD is famous for its outstanding quality and safety management systems in the whole world. This cafe serves many special flavorful items like its famous coffees, sandwiches, pastries and smoothies in 6 counties. The brand is growing constantly and its quality beverages and other food products are making it a leading brand in the coffee market.
It is one of India’s leading brands in the Coffee industry which is owned by India’s largest coffee conglomerate “Amalgamated Bean Coffee Trading Company Limited (ABCTCL), otherwise known as Coffee Day Enterprises. The first-ever outlet of CCD was founded and established in the year 1996 and in the month of July. It has more than 1500 + outlets in more than 200 + cities all over the country.
The cafe coffee day’s first outlet was opened in Bangalore, Karnataka by cafe coffee day founder V. G. Siddhartha. It’s a Chikkamagaluru-based company making its own beans and at the same time exporting them to foreign countries. The present cafe coffee day owner Malavika Hegde has taken the company to the next level and CCD is thriving under her supervision.
A few records of CCD are that it was awarded with the most valuable certification ISO 22000:2005 in 2013 and also this brand is internationally acclaimed by DNV Business Assurance Food Safety System for its fabulous Food Safety management systems in cafes. Additional reports suggests that CCD serves 1.8 billion cups of coffee every year in 6 countries. The records and the achievements are all because of the quality and the variety that the brand has been offering to its customers since many years, surprisingly they have not just maintained the quality of their coffee and other items but also upgraded the standard with the passing time.
Advantages of Starting
- Surely the advantages of owning a Café Coffee Day or CCD outlet are not just limited to the brand name that it has developed over the years. There are various other advantages and unique selling points of the brand that has helped it to stay in the game and constantly upgrade themselves with the demand. The various advantages of starting Café Coffee Day Franchise are mentioned as follows.
- The primary key of owning a CCD outlet is that their retention ratio of customers is high, they don’t lose their customers easily, people keep on visiting CCD. A major reason behind this is the quality of the Tea and Coffee that CCD offers to its customers. Similarly, they also take extra efforts to provide the best ambience and customer experience so that they stay in the business. It has been observed many times when CCD changed its interior and methods to increase its sales.
- Another significant advantage of having a CCD outlet is the locational strategy and the different themes they provide. Unlike other cafés and such chains, CCD maintains its uniqueness by providing different themes to its customers and serving them accordingly. You may have observed a few CCD’s to be in open café, near garden, high-street, and so on. This entices the customer to take the feel and enjoy coffee in different environments as one would love to.
- Another key advantage is that CCD produces their own coffee, they do not rely on suppliers or any third-party that deals with coffee. Since they themselves produce coffee, the production cost is brought down very low and this is the same reason why customers can experience a fine taste of coffee and at the same time, it is made available at a comparatively lower cost. This in turn also helps the Franchise outlet owners to earn an adequate amount of profit as the production cost is lower.
- Lastly, the brand value that has been developed by the brand over the years is enough to stand alone as a huge advantage to an individual having the outlet of Café Coffee Day. They are partnered with some big names that belong to the marketing sector and hence you never have to worry about promotional or marketing activities that are necessary from time to time.
Cafe coffee day franchise cost
Surprisingly, as compared to the competitors of the brand who operate on the same scale as them, the investment required is very low and the benefits acquired are too high. You can expect an investment of around 8 to 12 Lakhs INR.
This investment also includes the cost required for equipment and all the infrastructure that is decided by the brand itself. You are also required to pay another 50,000 INR which is considered as the brand fee. Apart from this, the usual expenses would differ as per the area and the location chosen by the individual and the brand mutually.
The cafe coffee day franchise cost in india varies as per the CCD outlet type
- For a Square type outlet, the Capital investment required is INR 11,00,000.
- For a Lounge type outlet, the Capital investment required is INR 10,50,000.
- For a Value Express outlet, the Capital investment required is INR 10,00,000.
Note: For other Cost heads like Franchise fee one need to have INR 50,000 and for Equipment/ interior INR 3-5 Lakhs is needed.
To be a part of CCD, you are expected to pass certain eligibility criterions and also follow a few of the guidelines that are mentioned by the brand. The various requirements are mentioned as follows.
- It is a compulsion that CCD only assign outlets to people who have a commercial property or commercially converted rental space. You need to have a retail space area of 1000-1500 sq. ft with a minimum frontage of 25 running feet.
- There is no special requirement of having an experience or skill in the beverage industry, the brand offers franchise outlet to even newbies.
- With the minimum requirement of 5 to 6 employees, you are provided with various training that is given by the brand for free.
Cafe coffee day menu
Cafe coffee day menu is full of innovative beverages and other food items, their menu comprises of Hot Coffee Selection, Gourmet Single Origin Coffees, Cold Coffee Delights, Snack Central, Mini Bowls, Burger Bounty, Loaded Wraps, Pizzalicious, Lip Smacking Sandwiches, Wellness Range and more. All these items are further classified into many different food and beverage items.
The recommended and easiest way would be to visit the official website of CCD and apply for the Franchise. Once you visit their website, you need to click on the ‘business’ tab. On clicking the tab, you would be presented with an application form, you must fill the form with the details asked. On submitting the form, you would be contacted by the staff of CCD within a few days and if eligible the process would move further. The official website of CCD is mentioned as follow: https://www.cafecoffeeday.com/business.
Is Starbucks more costly than CCD for investment?
Do you need to have extra space for parking in your outlet?
Yes, you are required to reserve extra space for parking.
How long is the term agreement for?
It lasts for 4 years and can be renewed.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this Article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by StartupYo (SAB Weblabs Pvt.Ltd). While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and truest to the best of our knowledge, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.