- Homemade Biscuit Making Business
- Main Ingredients
- Business Plan
- 1. Biscuit making Business Plan
- 2. Determine your product
- 3. Business Plan or Biscuit making Project
- 4. Business permissions and licenses
- 5. Production unit of biscuit
- 6.Biscuit making machinery
- 7.Biscuit production flow chart
- 8. Maintain the quality control
- 9. Distributors and should do the marketing
Homemade Biscuit Making Business
This article helps you to provide the information that includes the following: What are biscuits made of, biscuit making business plan, what are the main ingredients in biscuits, homemade biscuit making business permissions, biscuit and cookies business plan in India and many more. Before you know about what are biscuits made of firstly you need to know what is a biscuit. StartupYo provides you the full clarification about biscuits. A biscuit is a food product that is baked by using the flour-based raw materials.
The following are the main ingredients that are used for the manufacturing of biscuits:
- Wheat Flour
- Wheat Gluten
- Corn Flour
- Glucose Syrup
- Cane Syrup
- Invert Syrup
- Fructose Syrup
- Malt Extract
- Vegetable fats
- Coconut Oil
- Ammonium bicarbonate ((NH4)HCO3)
- Acid Calcium Phosphate (ACP)
- Salt (NaCl)
- Proteolysis enzyme
- Egg powder
- Yeast (Fresh)
- Sodium bicarbonate (NAHCO3)
- Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (SAPP)
- Sodium metabisulphite (NA2S205)
The following are the simple steps for the Biscuit making Business Plan:
Step – 1: Firstly, you need to analyze the market opportunity for the Biscuit making Business Plan.
Step – 2: Secondly, you need to determine your product.
Step – 3: Thirdly, you need to prepare the Biscuit making Business Plan or Biscuit making Project Report.
Step – 4: After that, you need to get the homemade biscuit making business permissions and licenses.
Step – 5: Then after, you need to set up the production unit of biscuit and cookies business plan in India.
Step – 6: Also, you need to procure the biscuit making machinery.
Step – 7: You need to arrange the raw materials that are mentioned above.
Step – 8: Biscuit production flow chart and biscuit making process.
Step – 9: Maintain the quality control.
Step – 10: Lastly, you need to distribute the biscuits to the distributors and should do the marketing.
The above simple steps can explain briefly in the following:
1. Biscuit making Business Plan
In the first step, you need to analyze the business and observe the competitors how they are selling and growing their business. The market opportunity for the Biscuit making Business Plan depends upon the following factors like:
- New flavors
- Innovative Packaging
So you must analyze the market strategies to get success in the homemade biscuit making business.
2. Determine your product
After analyzing your Biscuit making Business Plan the most important second step is to determine what type of biscuit you’re introducing in the market. Like there are many different biscuits of the following: sugar-free biscuits, salted biscuits, coconut biscuits, jeera crunch biscuits, arrowroot biscuits, wafer biscuits, cream biscuits, ginger biscuits, digestive biscuits and many more. So depends on the flavors, taste, shape, and many more you need to decide what type of biscuit you’re going to introduce in the market.
3. Business Plan or Biscuit making Project
Report In this third step, you must prepare a project report for your biscuit making business. So if you have anyidea on the hardware side and software side you can create your budget plan for the raw materials, machinery, assets, and liabilities, etc. If you don’t have any idea regarding these aspects then you can consult an expert like StartupYo which helps you to guide about Biscuit making Business Plan.
The following is the sample cost of the Biscuit making Project designed by the StartupYo:
|Working Capital for 03 months
|Furniture and Miscellaneous
|Preliminary & Preparative expenses
4. Business permissions and licenses
Homemade biscuit making business permissions are necessary for the registration process. So you need to decide which type of registration you want to make like of the following: Pvt. Ltd. Company, Ltd. Company or LLC Company. The following are the mandatory registration forms and process you must undergo:
- To get the financial assistance and Govt. subsidy you need to apply for the registration in MSME Udyog Aadhaar.
- From the local municipal authorization, you need to apply for the trade license.
- For the tax submission, you must obtain the GSTIN.
- Mandatory to apply for the FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) Registration because you are going to produce the food item so you need to compile with PFA ACT and also BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) Certification to use the ISI Mark on your biscuit product.
5. Production unit of biscuit
A Small scale biscuit unit will require an area of about 1500 sq. ft. And the size of the production unit will depend on the capacity of production. So nearby the front gate it requires huge space for loading the biscuits and unloading the biscuits and the main space consumed by the following: production, official work, packaging, and storage. Also, you need to check the availabilities of the following: water supply and power supply that should be located near to the production unit of biscuit and cookies business plan in India.
6.Biscuit making machinery
You can manufacture the biscuits by using the machines which are fully – automatic and semi-automatic. Even though the process of production and also the capacity of output depended by the specific machinery requirements, for a small scale biscuit business unit a semi-automatic unit is enough to manufacture the biscuits. The following are the few biscuit making machines that are required for the biscuit making business plan:
- Flour Shifter automatic screw type vibrator system with an automatic lifting system.
- Roll Sheeter.
- Cooling conveyor.
- Turntable working between oven and conveyor fitted with motor and starters.
- Syrup Machine with one motor & starters.
- Working table with S.S./Aluminum top.
- For rolling and cutting purpose an automatic continuous roller cutting machine is required.
- To add sweetness to the biscuits sugar grinding machine is required.
- To make the biscuit double the double-action horizontal mixing machine is required.
- For the preparation of salted biscuits, Oil spraying machine is required.
- Extra Brass roller for rotary cutting machine and roller cutting machine.
- For grinding the biscuit a Biscuit Grinder with motor is required.
- Weighing Balance platform type.
For any commercial business, the raw materials are very important. So for the biscuit raw materials, you can check above apart from that you need a moisture-proof and attractive packaging for paying attention for the bulk supply to the outer carton.
7.Biscuit production flow chart
Step – 1: Firstly, you need to know what are the main ingredients in biscuits is required to prepare. So mix the following ingredients like:
- Firstly, Soy flour
- Secondly, Vanaspati
- Thirdly, Maida
- After that, Starch
- Then after, Water
- Also, others
Step – 2: Secondly, the above ingredients should blend until it gets to the desired consistency.
Step – 3: Thirdly, you should roll the dough the blended ingredients.
Step – 4: After that, you need to bake the biscuits.
Step – 5: Then after, you need to keep them in a cool place for cooling purpose.
Step – 6: Lastly, pack the biscuits using the wrappers.
8. Maintain the quality control
- Firstly, the main important factors for the biscuit making business are of the following: GMP(Good Manufacturing Practice) and Quality Control.
- Secondly, BIS Certification is also be maintained.
- Thirdly, before packaging, you need to test the product for checking the quality of the biscuit.
- Lastly, need to maintain the biscuit factory hygienic.
9. Distributors and should do the marketing
- Firstly, for success in any business, a proper marketing team is required.
- Secondly, for the marketing purpose you the electronic media.
- Lastly, distribute the biscuits in rural areas as well as in urban areas with the help of the dealers.
Dislaimer :The information contained in this Article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by StartupYo (SAB Weblabs Pvt.Ltd). While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and truest to the best of our knowledge, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.