With the numerous applications for this product ranging from being used to clean the Taj Mahal since the past 350 years to being used as a natural face packs to get rid of an oily face appeal, Multani mitti has been a trustworthy product used as a remedy for all the possible problems.
Multani mitti also known as the fullers earth is a a rare type of clay whose production is a monopoly of the Barmer region of India because of its suitable climatic condition and soil properties and whose market value is ₹ 10 crore in the Indian clay industry contributed by its varying applications.
This clay has been passed down as a solution to all sorts of problem associated with skin and face anomalies, as an absorbent, for cleaning purposes etc from generations. This clay is widely available and is solely produced in the Multani region on Pakistan from where it derived its name. How would you like to take an opportunity to make business out of a clay which involves no or minimal manufacturing procedures, caters to a wider market and has still in-discovery applications? This is how
The market for this Multani mitti is as refreshing and and beneficial as the product itself. It has a strong rural and an effective urban demand. Multani mitti is composed mainly of the properties silica, iron oxide, lime, magnesia and water in extreme variable proportions and is categorised as a sedimentary clay.
It’s available in colours like olive, green, whitish, brown, yellow, blue etc. Multani mitti has been a product of wide usage because of its properties of being an absorbent, rich in minerals and an ailment element.
- It is used as an absorbent for oil, grease and animal litter.
- Used as a carrier in pesticides and fertilisers.
- Used for filtering, clarifying and decolourising.
- As a filler in plastic adhesive, paints and pharmaceutical products.
- Used as a water cooler for refrigerators, coolers etc in villages.
- Use for construction of houses in villages because it’s cooling Element.
- Used as an active and inactive element in the beauty products etc.
- MSME registration under
- Udyog Aadhar
- GST registration
- Trade license
- NOC by the state pollution control board
The investment required to set up a Multani mitti business is as minimal as ₹30000.
The profits made from setting up this business on selling 300 packets @₹26.6 per packet would be ₹8000 per day.
The target consumers for your Multani mitti business can be segmented on the basis of the applications of Multani mitti that helps them. So the target customers are as follows:
Pharmaceutical companies: These make use of Multani mitti for the purpose of including it as an active element in making ointment, tablets because of its medicinal properties. It is also used as a treatment for poison given the case of salmonella, the clay content properties can save a life of a person exposed to paraquat.
Military and civil services: These make use of Multani mitti for the purpose of decontamination of clothes and equipment of these men and CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear) responders who have Been contaminated with chemical agents.
Cleaning sector: The cleaning sector makes use of the Multani mitti because of its dust, dirt, stain absorbent properties for the purpose of cleaning the tiles, marbles and making them shine and spotless like never before.
Skin care and beauty industry: The beauty industry like spas and salons provide services of facials, hair spas etc using Multani mitti because of its antioxidant properties. Multani mitti is also sold in the form of packaged boxes for face packs by retail cosmetics and skin care stores like the body shop, forest essentials etc.
Agricultural sector: These require Multani mitti to act as carrier for pesticides and fertilisers.
Hand craft sector: The Multani mitti is used by craftsmen who construct pots, vases, decorative items, show pieces etc from Multani mitti.
The area required to set up a Multani mitti business plant is as less as 100 sq ft.
- Multani mitti
- Packing material
- Multani mitti grinder
- Filtering machine
- Packaging machine
- 1-skilled worker
- 2-unskilled worker
Moreover ample training to these workers in terms of the following must also be provided with:
- Machinery usage
- Equipment handling
- Safety and precautions
The business model of a Multani mitti business can be defined using these 4 variants
Value proposition: The value which a Multani mitti business is likely to provide to you is:
- Low investment, largely available raw materials, low cost of production and massive sales opportunity.
- Wider target market.
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Cleaning industry
- Agricultural sector
- Skin care industry
- Beauty industry
- Handicrafts sector
- Incense stick makers
- As cookers and refrigerators
- Indus Valley bio organic
- Old tree
- Divine India
- Skin elements etc
Marketing strategy: The marketing strategy that can be implemented by your Multani mitti business is as follows:
Advertising: through TV commercials, celebrity endorsements, ads on online cosmetics retail stores like Nykaa.
Print media: blogs, posts, articles verifying the manufacturing and extraction procedures of Multani mitti in the most organic and natural way.
The Multani mitti business has witnessed and has the potential for the following growth prospects
- Multani mitti has been a widely used product in the beauty and skin care industry primarily.
- Use of Multani mitti and it’s infusion with other ingredients and it’s supply in the form of face packs, face masks, cleanser, toners, moisturiser, scrubs etc has contributed to its wide production and demand.
The Multani mitti business is likely to yield a profit margin as high as 50%-70%.
You should probably relax and put a Multani mitti face pack on while you hear us give you reasons why you should take advantage of this business opportunity:
- Because of the growing awareness of organic skin care and beauty practices the consumers are shifting from the chemically infused products to the natural remedies like Multani mitti.
- This business opportunity comes with low investment, labour and time advantages making sure you have the least cost of production and higher profit margin, the ideal business goal.
- The target market for this product is vast because of its still-in-discovery applications from being used as a face pack to blemish pimples and pores to be used as fertiliser.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by StartupYo (SAB Weblabs Pvt. Ltd). While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and truest to the best of our knowledge, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability concerning the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.