Who would’ve that a product as small and as essential as a soap could have the capability of being organic, profitable and a huge business opportunity for you indeed.
The global organic soap market(Organic soap making business) stood at a whooping $222.3 million in the FY 2018 contributing to
- It’s benefits to skin,
- To building a substantial environment because of its organic production process.
- Soap’s ability to give the skin the perks and advantages of natural ingredients, oils and fragrance.
Moreover, the investment involved in producing organic soap making and the profit margins because of the consumer niche it attracts has increased the scope of this business India.
Also, the large availability of natural ingredients required in an organic soap like saffron, green tea, neem etc the major produce by India has also increased the exports of this product globally.
Its time you wash your hands with this organic soap business opportunity.
Market potential and Uses
An organic soap is a body cleanser which avoids usage of any toxic and artificial dyes, perfumes and additives in its production but rather uses natural ingredients like essential oils, flavoured fruit essence etc.
The market potential for this organic soap business is vast contributing to the diversion in demand for naturally produced soap to offset the skin anomalies because of the artificial dyes, colour and fragrance used in the regular soaps.
Moreover, the backlashes on few products which offer skin whitening and brightening perks has offended a large niche of consumers and diverted them towards the organically produced beauty products which has practical and long lasting rewards.
The market potential for this product can further be elaborated on the following basis:
On the basis of types of oils used in Soaps :
- Cocoa butter
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Palm oil
- Soya bean oil
- Shea butter
- Sweet almond oil
On the basis of Botanicals :
- Herbs and flowers
- Dried fruits and spices
- Botanical oils
- Melt solid oil
- Make lye and water solution
- Set temperature
- Decide batch size
- Add sugars and Colors
- Bring soap to trace and add it to it
- Super fatting
- Add antioxidants
- Insulating the soap
- Cold press
Read More: How to Start Soap Making Business ?
The licenses required to set this business up is:
- MSME registration
- Filing the application form 31
- Approval under pharmacy act, 1948
- Trade license
- GST registration
The investment required to set this organic soap business is ₹1 lakh – ₹ 2.5 lakhs.
The profits one can earn from this organic soap business are ₹50000-₹1 lakh.
The target consumers for this business are as follows
Retail cosmetic stores: The retail cosmetic stores require the organic soaps to meet the demand of the skin and beauty conscious consumers who have sensitive skin and other skin anomalies or simply prefer organic soaps over artificial ones.
Organic retail stores: The organic retail stores which deal in a variety of organic products could be your target customers to attract all the organic demand available while making them aware of the goodness and organic elements in soaps as well.
Online beauty and cosmetic stores: The online beauty and cosmetic stores like Nykaa could be a large platform to attract the online cosmetic shoppers who are looking forward to experiment with new products.
Fashion bloggers and influencers: The fashion bloggers and influencers make use of organic soaps as a part of their face routine tans also influencers their followers and fans thereby being another huge target consumers.
Read More: How to Start Organic Farming Business ?
The area required to start up this organic soap making business is 500-1000 sq ft.
- Lye/sodium hydroxide
- Antioxidants: grapefruit seed extract, Rosemary extract
- Essential and fragrance oils
- Scent fixer
- Soap colour
- 2 skilled workers
- 2 unskilled workers
Moreover, ample training in terms of the following must also be provided with
- Equipment usage
- Safety and precautions
The business model of this organic soap business can be defined using these four variants:
Value proposition: The value which this business is likely to provide to you is:
- Easily available raw material
- Low investment
- Larger consumer target
Target consumers: The target consumers which this business is likely to bring to you is:
- Social media and fashion bloggers
- Online beauty stores
- Organic stores
- Cosmetic retail and wholesale
Competitor review: The competition to your organic business would be:
- Unorganized organic soap makers
- The body shop
- Forest essentials etc
Marketing strategy: The marketing strategy that can be implemented by your business is:
- Advertising: through tv commercials and brand ambassadors.
- Tie ups : tie ups with fashions bloggers and social media influencers.
- Sales promotion: through sample promotion for beauty and make up, face tutorial workshops.
The organic soap making business has the potential and has witnessed the following growth prospects:
- The organic soap making business has accounted for more than 70.0 of the global revenue in 2018.
- Moreover, the suppression of artificial dyes and chemicals in soaps have made consumers shift from regular to organic soaps.
The profit margin which this business is likely to yield to you is 20%.
It’s time to get some organic income coming in through this business and here’s why:
- Firstly, the organic soap business comes with low investment, easily available raw materials and higher profit margin.
- Secondly, because of the increased availability of natural ingredients of India the global demand for organic soaps from this country has been increasing as well.
- Lastly, it comes with low manpower and operational requirements.
Disclaimer :The information contained in this Article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by StartupYo (SAB Weblabs Pvt.Ltd). While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and truest to the best of our knowledge, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.