Noodles also referred to as “Chow Mein” is a famous type of a snack food item in India. Chow Mein is prepared from unleavened dough that is rolled flat, extruded or cut into long strings or strips. The noodle’s place of origin is in China. For future use as well as for short term storage the noodles can be refrigerated, dried and stored. StartupYo guides you that noodles making business is a small scale business that any individual can start with low startup amount. Then know how to start noodles making business, what are the important machinery required for the noodles making business, what is the raw material of noodles is required for manufacturing and many more details. As it is a small scale business you can start it as a homemade business.
In this today fast-growing world, noodles market potential is high because it is instant and fast cooking preparation properties. So, it has good market potential in both the following: urban and rural areas. So because of an increase in consumers the market level is increasing day by day.
The following are the main factors that show the Market Potential of Noodles Making Business:
- Rapid industrialization in India.
- The Chow Mein or Noodles product durability.
- Increasing preference for ready to eat food because of the increasing no. of working couples and many more.
- The population is increasing rapidly in India.
- The purchasing capacity of the people is increasing day by day.
- The changing eating habit of the population
Noodles Manufacturing Unit Setup
As it is a small scale business, it does not require huge space for manufacturing. Before installing the machinery you need to have a floor plan in hand and it is advisable to secure a space of about 700 square feet. So that you can provide the particular space for the following: manufacturing, storing, office work, packaging, and marketing, etc. In addition to that, you need to maintain the following facilities like water supply, skilled manpower, power supply, and many more.
Choosing the right machine for any type of manufacturing is the main task. Because choosing the wring machine will damage the profitability and quality of the product. So, it is advisable you need to take the suggestions from the professionals before buying the machinery. Here StartupYo helps you to know what the main important machinery is required for Noodles Making Business.
The following are the important machines required for the Noodles Making Business:
- Firstly, you can choose a fully automatic manufacturing machine or semi-automatic manufacturing machine.
- Secondly, Dough mixer blade type.
- Thirdly, Weighing scales platform type.
- After that, Plastic Buckets.
- Then after, Water boiler-fuel heated.
- Also, Vertical type powder mixer with motor.
- Noodles making power operated machine with different size die-heads.
- Wooden trays.
- Aluminum/Galvanized iron water tape pipeline fittings.
- Lastly, Pouch filling and sealing machine
- Firstly, Wheat Flour
- Secondly, Salt
- Thirdly, Vegetable Oil
- After that, Variety of spices
- Then after, Sugar
- Also, Starch
- Lastly, Sodium Bicarbonate (NaCo2)
Apart from the above raw materials you also need to buy the following: packaging materials, outer boxes, and pouches, etc. According to the taste and flavor of your product, you will need to prepare the recipe. So, with the help of reliable sources from StartupYo you can source the formula and the manufacturing technology.
- Firstly, dry mixing
- Secondly, Dough formation
- Thirdly, Extrusion
- After that, Pre – Drying
- Then after, Drying
The above easy and simple steps to follow for the preparation of delicious snack item noodles can explain briefly in the following.
Firstly, in a vertical mixer, you need to mix the following ingredients of Starch, Soda bicarbonate and Maida. Also, you need to add the color that fit to be eaten or consumable. The average moisture content at this first stage is about 10 to 11% of dry mixes.
In this second step, you will need to add a coating type form named as gelatin of the starch with the above dry mixer ingredients. By using boiled water you can prepare satisfactory dough and it can be done in a dough mixer for the duration of about 12 to 15 minutes.
Thirdly, you need to transfer the dough mix into the noodle making machine so that you can produce extruded material of desired length and shape. With the help of the usage of appropriate die, you can adjust the distance between the cutting blade and dye surface. The average moisture content at this third stage is about 33% of dry mixes.
Pre – Drying
In this step, from the cutting machine, the noodles which are cut will transfer on wooden trays. So with the help of pre-drying, the noodles undergoes the process of surface drying and can become sufficiently hard enough to handle without being crushed and without sticking. The average moisture content at this fourth stage is about 29.5% of dry mixes.
Then the last step is drying which is the final stage that undergoes the process of steaming. You will receive a quality product which consists of a longer shelf life after the proper steaming. The average moisture content at this stage is about 17% of dry mixes. Then after steamed and subsequently dried product produce the average moisture content of about 10% of dry mixes.
Licenses and Legal Permissions that is required
Noodles or Chow Mein is a consumer durable processed food product so the business demands specific licenses and permissions before starting the noodles making business. The following are the required Licenses and Legal Permissions for the Noodles Making Business:
- Obtain a trade license from the local authority.
- Apply for the VAT registration.
- Obtain for BIS Certification (Bureau of Indian Standards) which is important to have.
- Register your noodles making business brand name with the trademark.
- For this type of manufacturing business, you do not require a pollution control NOC. However, you need to check with the local office.
- Register your business with ROC.
- You need to apply for Udyog Aadhaar MSME in online.
- As it is a food product, you must apply for the FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) licenses.
- Compliance with the following: GMP and PFA Act which are very important.
- To generate the trust of your consumers you can also apply for ISO 9001 certification.
- You must contain the good height of the roof of your manufacturing unit and also maintain the exhaust fans to ensure a comfortable environment inside the factory.
Noodles are food product item so it demands to establish the following: firstly, brand awareness, secondly, sales promotion activity, and thirdly, a proper distribution channel. Undoubtedly Noodle making business is a highly profitable business where the huge revenue will be produced.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this Article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by StartupYo (SAB Weblabs Pvt.Ltd). While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and truest to the best of our knowledge, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.